Sunday, May 17, 2026

May 17 - Lagos in the Algarve

Just like clock-work,  we awake to a Lucy update!   .... starting to doubt she will be excited for our return...

Well, we thought our first breakfast was hard to beat.... this one is amazing. 7:30 to 11:00, every kind of breakfast food, brunch food and lunch food, all rolled into one.

I think we each had 4 or 5 different helpings of food. Great time to try little portions of all the different foods...I definitely don't like olives!

And one of the pools before busy time..

Off to Sagres for a little road trip. We stopped to chat with this couple...5 dogs! We thought maybe they were travelling in a "caravan" but no, just a small white van, so that's 7 bodies in one vehicle, wow! And we thought one dog was a lot of work!

This is the southern most point in Portugal! Still very popular for surfing , of course everyone is wearing body-suits


Now this is one place I really wanted to stop at to buy a coffee mug...closed on Sunday & Monday. It's very common here to be closed on the weekend, either a Saturday/Sunday or Sunday/Monday...




Spent the next few hours doing this...pool was "refreshing ".....well maybe like liquid ice, but I could not resist!  Starting to think they just don't heat the pools at any time, they just wait for mother nature to do it.


Went for a small hike, what a beautiful coastline, vast expanses of sand and then rugged craggy cliffs then back to town for dinner.













No comments:

Post a Comment

May 29 - Don't cry because it's over...smile because it happened...

The "flight day" is always the hardest day... Received what I think is our last Lucy update... We are abou...